1. Design: The process starts with designing the mold. This includes creating a 3D model of the part, determining the injection molding parameters, and then creating the CAD drawing.
2. Tooling: Once the design is complete, the tooling process begins. This includes machining the mold cavities and core pins, as well as any other components necessary for the mold.
3. Assembly: Once the machining is complete, the components are assembled to create the injection mold. This includes installing the slides, shutoffs, and any other components necessary for the mold.
4. Testing: The mold is then tested to ensure that it is functioning properly, and that the parts produced by the mold meet the desired specifications.
5. Production: Once the mold is tested and approved, it can be used to produce parts.